Kim Ronk is a professional clinical counselor and a registered nurse. She began her counseling career in 2005 at a community mental health agency in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.
This experience consisted of diagnosing and treating a variety of mental health issues. Kim opened her private sex therapy practice in 2009 and has focused her work on sexual intimacy concerns with individuals and couples.
Her clients benefit from her 20-plus years of medical expertise.
Wanting to help others improve and nurture their love lives and sexual relationships arose from recognizing this need in her own and other relationships.
Her motivation and spirit of truly believing people can become better lovers and partners is a key for success. How we relate to ourselves and others is what makes satisfying and healthy relationships. Sex therapy provides a safe and private space to voice your thoughts and opinions.
Sexual intimacy is a necessary and vital part of our relationships. Concerns in this area are often uncomfortable, but her understanding and easy-going nature have helped her clients open up quickly.
“Is Sex Therapy for Us?”
Kim is excited to continue to grow her practice and help create healthy and satisfying intimate relationships. Couples have commented, “I didn’t think sex therapy would work, but it does!”
- Couple’s and relationship skills, including communication, recognizing, negotiating and fulfilling own needs, connecting spiritually with a partner
- Individual therapy: Those seeking to improve overall life and sexual satisfaction
- Sex therapy: diagnosis and treatment of desire, erection, ejaculation, orgasmic, and pain disorders
- Sexual addiction and infidelity
- Sex and aging through the lifespan, changes in libido
- Life satisfaction: we dive into why you choose certain relationships and how to better your life with self-growth and increased intimacy
- Trained in EMDR which is a treatment for PTSD, anxiety, traumas, and negative body image
Kim is passionate about helping others reach their intimacy potential through the work of sex therapy. Some of her clients have done a lot of research and have talked about their sexual lifestyles before making the decision to commit. Other clients are totally in the shadow of their relationship or marriage and are scared to seek out sex therapy or marriage counseling. As a relationship and sex therapist, there is no topic that is absolutely “weird” or unheard of for Kim. She listens with an open mind and guides individuals and couples with her expertise and years of experience.
She was a nursing instructor for nine years in Ohio, where she also earned her BS in Nursing in 1981. Kim later returned to school to earn a master’s degree in Counseling from Xavier University. This experience has paved the road for Kim to help her clients in all aspects of their relationships. She not only listens and guides clients into sexual treatment for various dysfunctions, she also takes into consideration diet and overall health for each client.
Are you interested in sex therapy or relationship counseling? Perhaps you’re trying to deal with a porn addiction. Kim can help you get started on treatment for sexual dysfunctions and relationship help.